This sandwich is packed with so many flavors that you don’t need to dress the sandwich up with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese etc. Therefore, those ingredients are optional. Is ok to play with your food add and subtract whatever you like….. Like always “Everything taste better homemade”
Brine for chicken:
2 cups buttermilk
4 teaspoons kosher salt
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 ¾ cups flour
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
¼ garlic powder
¼ onion powder
2 large eggs
Canola Oil for frying
4 Brioche buns *I prefer Taste of Inspiration Buns*
12 to 16 sliced dill pickles
Order your Drip Sauce by going to the “SHOP” Icon
1. Prepare the brine by combining buttermilk and salt in a storage container. Add the chicken, cover and chill for 4 to 5 hours. After 4 to 5 hours remove chicken from brine and pat dry using a paper towel. Allow the chicken to rest in room temperature for 30 minutes. This step is important so the chicken won’t be cold in the middle and will not cook fully.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour and Taylor homemade Citus herb blend 1 teaspoon. If you don’t have citrus Herb, stop what your doing, place and place an order lol. As a substitute you can use black and white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
3. Beat eggs in a separate bowl, whisk in both buttermilk and milk.
4. Preheat a minimum of 3 inches of oil in a large pan, I love to use a Dutch oven for frying but a large saucepan also works.
5. Now its time to batter the chicken the chicken. First coat in flour mix, then drip in buttermilk /egg mix, then flour again. Make sure chicken is fully coated. If you need more batter dip in egg/milk mix and again in flour.
6. Place the chicken on a plate to rest for 5 minutes, then fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Always drain the oil off your chicken by placing on a wire rack. If you don’t have a rack place paper towels on a plate.
7. Now for the bun, spread butter on bun and toast the buttered sides until lightly brown (DO NOT BURN) burnt bread will change the taste of the sandwich.
8. Add Drip Sauce to top and bottom of them bun. Add 4 pickles and serve.