· 2 cups diced peeled red potatoes
· 2 cups mixed vegetables – frozen is fine
· 1 cup butter, cubed
· 2/3 cup chopped onion
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
· 1 teaspoon dried thyme
· 3/4 teaspoon pepper
· 3 cups chicken broth
· 1-1/2 cups whole milk
· 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
· 1 cup frozen peas
· Can of cream of chicken soup
· 4 sheets refrigerated pie crust “or you can make your own see below”
· Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes and vegetables in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
· In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually stir in broth, soup and milk. Stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and vegetable mixture; remove from heat.
· Unroll a pie crust into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even with rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
· Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
· 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ½ cup butter chilled and diced
· ¼ cup ice water
· 1 teaspoon parsley
· In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
· Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.