Updated: Jul 12
2 cups all purpose Flour
2 ½ teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoon Baking Powder
2 Sticks *Frozen* Butter
¾ *cold* Milk
1 Teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Baking soda
1. First mix dry ingredients.
2. Next, we need to add the butter. You going to chop one stick of frozen butter and added it to the flour mix.
3. Add ¾ cup of cold milk. And mix using a plastic or wood spatula. Continue to mix until you make dough.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
5. Now you will need to prepare your counter to knead the dough. To do that first make sure your surface is clean. Then add flour to your counter. Adding flour to your counter will keep your dough from sticking to your surface.
6. Begin kneading your dough. If you have a rolling pin this will be the perfect time to use it.
7. Once you have your dough flat maybe an inch thick begin to cut out biscuits. You do not need to purchase a biscuit cutter. I use a wine glass, just flour the rim and cut out the circle.
8. Remove your skillet from the over *make sure to wear an oven mitt because the skillet will be hot* Add ½ stick of butter to you cast iron skillet. And place skillet in oven to warm.
9. Add biscuits to skillet. Discard any additional dough.
10. Bake for 12 minutes
11. After 5 minutes add melted butter to top of biscuits. Then place back in the oven to bake for an additional 7 minutes.